Where we are in our Adoption

We are navigating through an international adoption with few resources and little Canadian/Rwandan adoption history to draw on. So far, so good... We are adopting independently. The good thing is that we are now on the Rwandan side of this process - our Dossier has been approved and is now at the Ministry office there, waiting to be transferred to the Orphanage.


Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wide Open...Blog space

We've chosen to share our story with many other families out there and hope that maybe some of this will feel familiar to you...some of the empty poetry lines and white spaces might echo inside of you as well.

As we continue onward past the year long mark and beyond, we have found solace in reading other adoptive family stories. We notice many people visiting from all over the world...it would be great if you let us know why. What brings you to our pages?

You are welcome here...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Clothesline, Cool days

Like the robins in my yard
Louder than flash lightening
I too like strips of coloured string
Simple crayon colours: Nesting
I like to add little highlights
Knot up some yolk-yellows
And tie in some bulb-blues
Just making my home
Feel that little sweet-bit new

Because waiting for something
A dream pinned to a summer day’s clothesline
Drying too slowly - trapped too long
I can touch that fabric
See the sharp hues
It’s not right and it’s also not wrong
I watch sun shine brightly on it
But it is damp and drying slow
And the day passes
And the rest I don’t know

I look toward my garden
And the long weekend of May
Unplanted beds
Tended and ready
And once again I resist a plan
Resist those tiny seeds
Because maybe just maybe
We won’t be here to weed

But the robins comfort differently
They say nest gently – in your own way
Tie with strong, bright strings
Let each fly proudly, even wildly
Plant your garden
And let time pass as it may

3 comments:

  1. LOVELOVELOVEXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for sharing! I read your blog because my husband and I are also adopting from Rwanda (hopefully soon!). www.heartsforrwanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail... just checking in. Lovely poem;)

    ReplyDelete